If you’re interested in Android development, I encourage you to come out to this months meetup of The Toronto Android Users Group. I’ll be presenting some of the code that I’ve put together for the Green Parking Android App in the Android Marketplace. I’ll also be going through the steps necessary to check out the source of the app and contribute back if you like.
Check out the event here.
Here’s a few points I’ll try to cover:
- Using Google maps in Android Applications
- Using JSON data in Android App
- Fetching and updating data in a background Service
- Using github as a source code repository to share ideas and code
- Cloning and forking the Green-Parking-Toronto source tree